Thursday, August 28, 2008

Ready or not, here we come!

I am sitting in our hotel exhausted from our first day of our Dragon-experience.

I was up till 3am last night trying on my most goth outfits and packing. (I must look the part!) I was up at 6 and we were on the road before 10.
The drive was long, but we found ways to entertain ourselves... like looking at the giant butt in the sky:

We arrived in Atlanta as evening traffic was getting thick, and thus began our evening of waiting in lines.

We checked into the hotel, unpacked and sped off to register for the conference. We were so excited to get our schedules and start planning our next few days and our jaws dropped when we saw the registration line which wrapped around the entire hotel.

Luckily our excitement kept us in good spirits and it didn't seem to take too long with all of the interesting people watching. While waiting in lineI ran into my steampunk friends from Raleigh, The Clockwerk Cabaret. I have to admit, my friends are cool. They wear bitchin costumes. They have weird hairstyles. (I will get some photos of them later.)
We had dinner at Hooters (yes, seriously) and planned our next day...
Even though we stood around, rode around and walked around a bit, I am exhausted!
I'm going to stock up on sleep tonight because I won't get much for the next few days!

1 comment:

The Davenports said...

It was lovely running into you.