Thursday, August 28, 2008

What We Learned Today

Preregistration saves you up to $50 from registering at the door. But registering at the door saves you about 45 minutes to an hour.

Witness...

The line for on site registration above...

Now below, two photos of the END of the registration line for those who are preregistered. This was after standing in line for an hour outside in a line that went almost completely around the block. No kidding.


I'm not complaining. After all, I'm here. And I've got my badge now. But still, I wouldn't stand in line like this at Disney World! Seriously!

Not pictured are two young ladies in front of us in line who were "booth girls." Paid to "dress up" to draw people to their booth in the dealer room. The dealer in question was "Kilts and Corsets." But their wares, I believe, were quite different, judging from the length of the skirt one girl was wearing and what we were able to see without even trying.

This ain't your typical library conference... no sirree!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: